The Skeena will always be most famous for its fall fishing, but wise anglers know the treasures spring can hold. For river conditions, late Marchearly April weeks are often the year's most dependable air and water temperatures are warming from winter, while precipitation falls as snow on the ridges, keeping the rivers low and clean. And what the season lacks in numbers of fish, it can make up in size. The spring run often features some of the largest largest steelhead of the year. Fresh off the tides, they are impressive fish worth every effort to find. • • • Want master-class learning in sink tip techniques? We'll search the scenic lower mainstem's broad riffles and runs with light tips a thoroughly pleasing way to fish some of the best swing water in the Pacific Northwest and we'll employ deep wet fly presentations in a few select tributaries. In all, this trip offers the opportunity to increase your cold water steelheading know-how exponentially. • • • This special week is co-hosted by Salmon Junkies, the Danish agency with excellent Atlantic salmon programs on the Russian Kola, and offers the chance to swap stories with a likable group of dedicated European salmon anglers.
Target rivers: Mainstem Skeena, Kalum, Zymoetz, Kitimat, more
Group size: 6 anglers, including host; 2 anglers per guide
2017 rate: 5870 CAD + GST + room tax
Includes: 6 days guided fishing, 7 nights accommodation, all meals, airport pickup/dropoff
Additional costs: Round trip airfare to Terrace, BC (YXT), licensing, gratuities, alcoholic beverages
1) For trips listed in currencies other than US dollars, the currency converter at will be the standard used for exchange rates. The rate variance applied will be interbank ±3%.
2) US dollar amounts for deposit and balance will be calculated based on the exchange rate on the day of payment, or as quoted.
3) Payments made by personal check, cashier's check, or money order in US dollars are preferred.
4) Credit card and wire transfer payments are available on request, though additional fees may apply.
5) Good and Services Tax (GST) is 5% for Canadian residents and operator-rebated to 2.5% for non-residents.
6) Room tax is 8.00 CAD per night.