As good as it gets. This program on the Nicholas Dean calendar offers the rare chance to sight-fish for large steelhead in remote, not-to-be-named streams. Hiking in and hunting steelhead in the primordial, hidden valleys of the northern BC coast is the epitome of wilderness angling. • • • Also on offer is a shot at steelhead and white-hot spring chinook in the lower Skeena region. “Springers” can be found in steelhead water and will aggressively take flies. These supercharged salmon average 15 to 40 pounds, but beware, they are known to attain much larger proportions and in their ocean-fresh state will test every element of your tackle and skill. • • • A unique package with a variety of options each day, perfect for your full range of gear 6/7/8 switch rods and single-handers on the small streams to 8/9/10 double-handers on the larger rivers.
Target rivers: Remote coastal streams (moderate hiking and wading skills required), lower Nass tributaries, Kalum, Kitimat, mainstem Skeena
Group size: 6 anglers, including host; 2 anglers per guide
2018 rate: 5295 CAD + GST + room tax
Options: Helicopter or float plane fly-in; inquire for rates
Includes: 5 days guided fishing, 6 nights accommodation, all meals, airport pickup/dropoff
Additional costs: Round trip airfare to Terrace, BC (YXT), licensing, gratuities, alcoholic beverages
1) For trips listed in currencies other than US dollars, the currency converter at will be the standard used for exchange rates. The rate variance applied will be interbank ±3%.
2) US dollar amounts for deposit and balance will be calculated based on the exchange rate on the day of payment, or as quoted.
3) Payments made by personal check, cashier's check, or money order in US dollars are preferred.
4) Credit card and wire transfer payments are available on request, though additional fees may apply.
5) Beginning in 2018 Goods and Services Tax (GST) is 5% for both Canadian residents and non-residents.
6) Room tax is 8.00 CAD per night.