Like the challenge of hooking and landing large sea-run fish? Want to pursue the biggest, baddest of all anadromous fish on a swung fly? Ready for the most exciting, adrenalized flyfishing available in the Pacific Northwest? If so, this is the trip for you! The Skeena region offers the flyfisher prime opportunities to target chrome-bright, fly-munching chinook (king) salmon. • • • We'll target the Kitimat, Copper, Kalum and Skeena* rivers for Chinook averaging 20 to 40 pounds and ranging up to 80 pounds and beyond. • • • Need convincing? Check out this from our friends at Salmon Junkies.
*Skeena in-river salmon fisheries are subject to periodic closures based on run-size estimates.
Target rivers: Kitimat, mainstem Skeena, Copper, Kalum
Group size: 6 anglers, including host; 2 anglers per guide
2018 rate: 5295 CAD + GST + room tax
Options: Helicopter fly-in; inquire for rates
Includes: 5 days guided fishing, 6 nights accommodation, all meals, airport pickup/dropoff
Additional costs: Round trip airfare to Terrace, BC (YXT), licensing, gratuities, alcoholic beverages
1) For trips listed in currencies other than US dollars, the currency converter at will be the standard used for exchange rates. The rate variance applied will be interbank ±3%.
2) US dollar amounts for deposit and balance will be calculated based on the exchange rate on the day of payment, or as quoted.
3) Payments made by personal check, cashier's check, or money order in US dollars are preferred.
4) Credit card and wire transfer payments are available on request, though additional fees may apply.
5) Beginning in 2018 Goods and Services Tax (GST) is 5% for both Canadian residents and non-residents.
6) Room tax is 8.00 CAD per night.